Thursday, October 22, 2009

We Are Wires

wired
my bones are just
telephone poles
and my nerves
send messages
to the citizens
in my mind.
prank calls
and bill collectors.
my skin is wrapped
around this power station
and all i make
is electricity
and bad choices.

the phone is ringing
with the receiver pressed down.
nobody's home.
nobody cares.
sometimes I tear at my
canvas of flesh
just to make damn sure
that the circuits in my head
are functioning
properly.

wired.
with my nerves
and my flesh.
when you touch me
our bodies become alive
with sparks and buzzing
the magnetic hum
of a complete circuit.
with our rain soaked
trunks
becoming burning trees
fresh from lightning
and thunder.
you make me
scream and moan and cry and howl
like 100,000 volts of electric
heaven
coursing through my body
in a joyous celebration
of our ceremony,
here naked
and shaking.

wired.
we are electric
with our arms
and our legs
and sweat
and our lips
and heat
conducting a symphony
briefly
for we are two mere
electrons
in a haze
until we fall asleep
and the music
dies out
and we become
ash and old heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feeback