Sunday, October 25, 2009

Petunia

My heart beats like a skipping stone or a solitary footstep
as my eyes meet yours and I know we'll never last
you breathe deep as i kiss your neck and we make our way up the stairs
to your apartment where we'll start to undress
and you lay, so still and calm, as our lips create a pretty poem
written for our solitary ears alone
and the leaves change color now, will you lay with me a little longer
I promise that I will not disappoint you

Will you lie to me or lay with me some more?
our skin exposed as we lock up all the doors
will you sink with me as we lay here on the floor
oh my pretty darling, please don't cry anymore

and you smile, when you look at him, does he make you feel the way i did
or was your steady heartbeat just a lie?
does he make you cry out in your sleep and does he make you weep for me?
maybe next time you'll remember what you did
are his eyes a bit like mine, my love? or an empty substitute
for the physical attraction that we had?
I promise now by the time I'm through, that all of this i built for you
was basically a build up for a lie

No comments:

Post a Comment

feeback